Thursday, October 2, 2008

Roommates

In college, here at GBS, I have two roommates. If you have ever had a roommate, or ever will have, you will learn alot about getting along with others. I am not complaining, because I have the two best roommates on campus. But there are times when you are living with someone, that you will start to doubt their sanity. (Just Kidding, Elizabeth & Katheryn)
One major aspect of my relationship with my roommates is sharing my day, thoughts, problems, and stresses with them. It is really hard to keep secrets from the people who share your room.
My roommates have been a blessing to me by helping me get through rough days, and always caring enough about me to ask what is wrong. They are by best friends and feel like my sisters already. I can't wait to find out what the rest of the year will hold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having roommates can be hard at times , and also encouraging. I had two roommates in the Navy when I went through training and they've become life long friends who are still in contact with myself. Friends are great to have, especially when your having a rough week. They can help in ways you might not have thought they could.

Heidi said...

I would die if I lived with people in a dorm. Much less TWO! It's just the way I'm wired, I guess. I need space and I don't like having to talk to people all the time. That's why I'm off campus, I couldn't stand it. I don't need many friends. My family (which is not a small number) and very few others make up my circle of "friends". That meaning people that I actually talk to and that really know me. There are lots of people I like and have fun with but living with them? No way. So I sympathize and I'm glad you are different from me so you can cope and even enjoy your dorm life.

Lauren Barger said...

Love this post... and I agree so much. Roommates can help you so much. Its a really new experience for me. I grew up always having my own room and now, having two roommates is CrAzY! But I love it and am so glad that its working out so well!!!!!!
Haha.. nice comment Heidi. You're great.

Amy Weddle said...

Lol. This is a fun post and some really funny comments. When I first found out that the only way Anne and I could stay together was if we stayed in a three person room with someone else, I almost paniced. Who was this person??? I knew who Kendra was, but I wasn't sure what she was like. The first couple days were a bit awkward, but now we are all a fuuny little family of sorts, kind of like sisters. It's lots of fun!!